[Wikipedia-l] Shirt / Wikipedia-Logo

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 03:34:25 UTC 2003

Kurt Jansson wrote:
>I mean, would it be a problem with our non-profit status?

It would not be any more illegal than a church (a non-profit) having a bake
sale and using those funds to help support an on-site day care. Selling
shirts and mugs is a valid way for non-profits to perform fundraising.

>And of course we aren't limited to Amazon, I think every big
>online book shop has an affiliate program. We could join all of
>them or at least pick one or two which have sympathies in the
>community (in Germany this would be lob.de, I think).

I agree and also think that it would  be great to join every affiliate program
that we possibly can and ignore any that requires an exclusive relationship
(but still provide a link to them anyway since that is useful to readers).
Maybe if we did that then the Amazon haters wouldn't be too grumpy.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)