[Wikipedia-l] Re: Monolithic articles vs parents and daughters

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 12:23:51 UTC 2003

Daniel Mayer a écrit:
> I just want to clarify my statement that it is best to divide topics into
> digestible bits. I think this should only be considered for most articles
> once they reach the 20 KB (minus markup) size and the resulting daughter
> articles are not stubs. Although some articles demand a larger size just to
> summarize all the main points and clearly link to daughters that have move
> detail on each of those points.

I think I have the same opinion than yours as regards this issue Mav, as
I explained here :
http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:The_Cunctator/Agglomeration

This is very much what I try to do with these "portal" pages I work on.

Only but...I put the limit much higher, around 30 kb size, essentially
for technical reasons. That is where I draw the line. But even though I
choose to separate part of the article, I always leave an introduction
in the main article. Just a link is not informative enough.