[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia 2004

Chuck Smith msochuck at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 09:06:14 UTC 2003

> In the Linux world, distributors have a brand name
> that they glue
> on in addition to a version number, so "Red Hat
> Linux 8.0" is the
> actual product you can get, and there's no "Linux
> 8.0" unless it's
> a far-future kernel. :-)

Yep, just remember that Wikipedia isn't necessarily a
Linux project.  I mean, the servers run on Linux, but
I'd imagine that most of us editors are on other
operating systems and some of us aren't all that
familiar with the open-source world.  After reading
the dialogue, I'm now in favor of the more
user-friendly title "Wikipedia 2004".

For the working version, why not Nudepedia? :-P or for
us Esperanto speakers: Nudpieda (barefoot).  haha

Chuck

=====
We are the Esperanto speakers who say "Ni!"
http://www.esperantomobilo.org/