[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia 1.0 or Wikipedia 2004

Chuck Smith msochuck at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 23:20:10 UTC 2003

> Wikipedia is in the process of becoming a household
> name.
> I am confident that in a year's time it will be a
> name that is as well
> known as or better than Britannica and Encarta.

I just want to say that I agree completely.  We're in
the process of branding a name here.  "Wikipedia 1.0"
seems perfect to me.  It shows that it's stable and
includes the same name.  "Wikipedia 2004" could also
be used if we want to publish a new stable version
every year like traditional encyclopedias.

Chuck

=====
We are the Esperanto speakers who say "Ni!"
http://www.esperantomobilo.org/