[Wikipedia-l] A quick thought about 1.0

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Wed Dec 17 21:17:18 UTC 2003

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>I agree with all of this, including where you place the blame on me.
>:-) This is an eloquent expression of what I set out to say in this
>thread, that I think that this issue can in large part be resolved by
>some "how".  Right now, the only "how" that people can think of is to
>simply delete things that wouldn't belong in print, and this is
>causing some friction here and there.

I suppose I'm skeptical that this is a big part of it.  I personally
tend to suggest deletion of stuff primarily based on a viewpoint that it
doesn't belong in an online encyclopedia, not that it doesn't belong in
print.  Sure, more stuff belongs in an online encyclopedia, but I don't
think *everything* does.  Believe me, if I was basing it on print
considerations, I'd be nominating thousands of pages for VfD. =]

-Mark