[Wikipedia-l] Nupedia?

Ruimu ruimu at uestc.edu.cn
Wed Dec 17 16:57:03 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Cunctator" <cunctator at kband.com>
> I think this is absolutely right, and is probably why I subconsciously
> have been disliking the name "Wikipedia" for a hardcopy version.
>
> I personally think Nupedia is a good name for it, but if people can come
> up with a better idea, then that would be great too.

    Nupedia sound and look a little bit weird in French and maybe also in
German. I would personally prefer a longer impressive latin sounding name (a
little bit like "Encyclopaediae Universalis") to be on the jacket, and
Nupedia could be the nickmane used day-to-day. Something like "Open
Collaborative Hyperlinked Encyclopaedia" but, at best, N and U could be
acronyms. ("Networked Universal Encyclopaedia" ?) (My two centimes)

Post-Scriptum: In fact, I don't even know if the hardcopy version is to be
multi language. I apologise if my proposal is off the road.