[Wikipedia-l] Re: NuPied ?

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 17:31:03 UTC 2003

Daniel Mayer a écrit:

> Suggestions....? I like name 'Nupedia' because;
> 1) it is a brand we already own

true

> 2) we already control the .com and .org

true

> 3) while not as famous as the name 'Wikipedia', it still is known of by many
> people (over 40,000 hits on Google)

true

> 4) it is easy to pronounce

hummm...true

> 5) the 'nu/new' connection relates to the underlying concept (free content
> created by a worldwide community of voluntary authors), not its age (thus it
> will take the 'newness' a few hundred years to wear off - assuming that the
> free content movement really takes hold).

hummm....nupedia has nothing to do with "newness" but with "nakedness".

Let me think...living nake...is a sort of freedom...the freedom of not
following social norms, of being body free, caressed by soft wind,
perhaps free like a dolphin (or an orca ?) to play in the ocean ?

What does that means to me otherwise ?

Yes, the freedom of walking barefoot, without the fear of being cut by a
  broken coca cola can.

> However, what about the other Wikimedia projects? Should we try to buy-up
> other 'nu' domains? At first I thought it would be a great idea to have a
> Wikimedia-owned publishing house called "Numedia"  but alas that fine name is
> taken http://numedia.com/ (the .org is owned by somebody else). But 'Nubooks'
> would work (.org and .com available)... NumediaPublishing.org/com is
> available but that name is too long.

Nakesource
Nakedquote
Naketionary .... hummmm....why not.

NuPied !!!!!  Great name for a new project ?

Eclecticology, what do you think ?