[Wikipedia-l] wikinotes

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 05:43:00 UTC 2003

Ec wrote:
>Wikibooks is still very young.  We should make sure that
>we fully grasp its potential before spinning off another
>project.  In some of these cases a simple Wikipedia article
>may be adequate.

Yep. While Wikinotes is a neat name the goal of that proposed project is
already covered by the Wikibooks/Wikiversity mandate (which is pretty much
all non-fiction useable in the classroom except, of course, encyclopedias,
dictionaries and source texts - although we do plan to annotate source text
to act as study guide material).

Please start any "Cliff-Notes" type booklet on Wikibooks.

http://wikibooks.org/

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)