[Wikipedia-l] curiosity

Ramanan Selvaratnam rama at ukfsn.org
Sat Dec 13 02:59:20 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 02:45, Oliver Brown wrote:
> What exactly is discussed on the mailing list that can't or shouldn't or
> isn't discussed on wikipedia-proper?

Definitely questions that new modules and langugaes face.

I never understood why most of the issues that relates to real world
(and which seemed like hell of a lot of noise to me) is not captured on
the wiki?

With new languages the issues of untested fonts, encodings, web browser
rendering etc limit our ability to use the wiki as effectively as in the
established ones in the begginning stages.

Maybe I am in the wrong list...

Ramanan