[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] Permalink? was RE: [WikiEN-l] Brilliant prose rename brainstorm

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Fri Dec 12 23:14:30 UTC 2003

Cunc-
> That reminds me...can we add a little <permanent URL for this version>
> at the bottom of the article pages?

Yeah, I wanted to add this but it's a bit tricky with the current CUR/OLD
setup so I might hold off until Brion reorganizes the DB, if he does. One
thing that I also think might be useful for the certification process is
to have some kind of flag that can be assigned to certain revisions to
mark them as stable, only by sysops (I probably shouldn't say this when
responding to Cunc ;).

Then you could have a special syntax that would always refer to the
flagged revision, like this: [[Caesar+]], pointing to the flagged revision
of [[Caesar]], or the top one if there is none. These would be assigned
after the certification process in community consensus, of course.

Advantage: Makes refreshing articles in BP much easier and allows pointing
to stable versions in any other context.

Regards,

Erik