[Wikipedia-l] Re: Press release : Logo putschonthe FrenchWikipedia !

Mark Christensen mchristensen at humantech.com
Fri Dec 12 16:17:28 UTC 2003

> If NPOV is the same, then we shouldn't have as a goal
> articles which reflect different biases.

We're not saying that articles should reflect different biases, but that
they will reflect different interests, and therefore different
emphasis's.

We don't just want every article to include the maximum amount of
information. That's just going to overload the reader.  Instead, we want
articles that people will think are worth reading.  That means
emphasizing the things people are most likely to care about.  It also
means not explaining things everybody already knows in great detail.

Different audiences require different presentation, but not different
facts.

Does that make sense?