[Wikipedia-l] Re: Press release : Logo putsch on the FrenchWikipedia !

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Thu Dec 11 09:37:43 UTC 2003

Guillaume Blanchard wrote:

>>Green-
>>

>>>I like the logo too.  I saw it on FR and thought, "wow, too bad en isn't
>>>this liberal."
>>>

>>We're liberal. We just don't like kitsch.
>>
>>Regards,
>>

>We? I'm sure many English-speaker like kitsch ;o)
>Put colors on the main page was also consider as kitsch in the past,
>now it is a standard for almost all Wikipedias.

Yes, and it's a great pity.
The colours on the main page are more than kitsch, they are revolting.
The community on fr: seem far more concerned with style over content. I
understand that there is a natural desire to make our environment
"pretty", but this xmas logo is a step too far.

I will no longer be working on fr: until this situation is resolved.