[Wikipedia-l] [Wikitech-l] XxWikipedia in-line links don't work -please fix

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 04:02:32 UTC 2003

Brion wrote:
>To link between projects to a particular language in
>Wikipedia, use eg [[Wikipedia:fr:Une page]]. This puts
>the maintenance burden in a much smaller area (a
>single configuration file on one server) and should
>work in also interwiki links from other wikis that we
>don't control and  can't spontaneously add interwiki
>prefixes too, such as MeatballWiki (where it would be
>WikiPedia:fr:Une_page since you need CamelCase on
>InterWikis there).

OK, that makes sense. I thought you were getting rid of explicit in-line links
without devising a replacement. Your syntax does make a lot more sense than
the (now depreciated) XxWikipedia syntax.

As I said before I really only care about results, not the details needed to
attain those results (I do often provide suggested ways to attain those
results but that is just to move things along by at least sparking debate).

-- mav