[Wikipedia-l] Articles and speeches about Wikipedia?

Till Westermayer till at tillwe.de
Wed Dec 3 13:09:13 UTC 2003

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . till we *) . . .

Hi,

>I am a) writing a student research paper and b) going to have a
>lecture on a german linux-congress about Wikipedia. Has there
>anybody done this before? I know the lecture of Kurt Janson last
>year on 19C3 in Berlin but is there no newer stuff? Well I know
>what to write and talk but I am just wondering why there are so
>little (=practically no) scientific publications or conference
>papers (=everything but simple newspaper articles) on Wikipedia
>yet. On the other hand I don't mind if I am the first one ;-)

>The only references I found (up to now):

>http://wiki.wizards-of-os.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Wikipedia_And_Friend

I haven't read it yet, but the new issue of First Monday contains an
academic article about Wikipedia:

Phantom authority, self-selective recruitment and retention of
members in virtual communities: The case of Wikipedia
by Andrea Ciffolilli
http://firstmonday.org/issues/issue8_12/ciffolilli/

 __ .
 / / / /                            ... Till Westermayer - till we *)
. .
  . mailto:till at tillwe.de . www.westermayer.de/till/ . icq 320393072
  . Habsburgerstr. 82 . 79104 Freiburg . 0761 55697152 . 0160 96619179
  . . . . .