[Wikipedia-l] Help us be good neighbors

Evan Prodromou evan at wikitravel.org
Tue Dec 2 16:07:07 UTC 2003

So, on Wikitravel, we have various "Expeditions", kinda like Wikipedia
projects, for very specific projects within the travel guide. One of
the Expeditions we just started is to identify and list related
projects, and explore ways to cooperate with them:

     http://www.wikitravel.org/article/Wikitravel:Fellow_Traveller_Expedition

Obviously, one of the main projects we'd like to cooperate with is
Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. We use the MediaWiki software
that runs Wikipedia, and we've learned about how to do our site from
how Wikipedia works. I think we're all grateful for the software and
the example, and we want to give back whatever we can.

We've got a page going about cooperating with Wikipedia here:

    http://www.wikitravel.org/article/Wikitravel:Cooperating_with_Wikipedia

(Thanks to Stephen Gilbert for the original ideas). If you've got some
suggestions, please feel free to add them to that page, or to the talk
page, or respond here, or what have you.

Thanks,

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan at wikitravel.org>