[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1304

Andreas Hoerstemeier ahoerstemeier at spamcop.net
Fri Aug 29 08:00:28 UTC 2003

Anthere wrote:
> It is my understanding Germany suggested an off day be
> removed, which could bring some immediate money from
> working revenues for one day among 365 days. It is
> also my understanding that german people accepted
> that.
Not fully correct :-) Some years ago a holiday was actually removed, the
protestantic "Buss- und Bettag", in order to finance an additional
insurance for older people requiring medical care (the
"Pflegeversicherung"). It has been suggested to do the same again to
help financing the retirement insurance, however that did so far stay as
only guesswork.

Bye,
    Andy