[Wikipedia-l] animal encyclopedia

Andre Engels engels at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Aug 27 09:54:50 UTC 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Jurriaan Schulman wrote:

> I have been thinking about starting an open content animal encyclopedia. I
> would like to know if someone has any thoughts on what would be the best way
> to integrate this with wikipedia.

I would say:

Possibility 1:
* Put your encyclopedia on GNU/FDL
* Get the existing animal articles from Wikipedia, and put them on yours (with
  a notification that they come from Wikipedia)
* Try to have regular updates in both directions (if something is new on
  Wikipedia within your range of interest, port it to your encyclopedia, if
  something is new on yours, port it to Wikipedia)

Possibility 2:
* Start working within Wikipedia specifically on the animal pages
* If ever you want something more tangible do step (1 and) 2 above.

Andre Engels