[Wikipedia-l] Re: paypal

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 23 06:12:23 UTC 2003

Anthere wrote:
> I agree with Kat it may not be a very good idea to ask
> for money in a press release. We want people to hear
> about us, to come to see us, to be impress by our
> work.

It's a good thing we don't do that then; all it says last time I looked was
that we were starting a fundraising drive. Not anywhere are words like
"please donate".

> And then, they might touch their pocket

If they know that we are having a fundraising drive and that we now have the
capacity to accept donations, I'm sure some people will in fact donate.
That's a good thing, yes.

> American people are very relax with money issues. In
> other places, this is not so. Er...asking money in a
> press release...I think...is...POV

So then don't mention that part in the French version and maybe in the
versions sent to English news agencies in Europe.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)