[Wikipedia-l] Re: PayPal is set up - Service or Quasi-Cash?

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Fri Aug 22 21:34:27 UTC 2003

Joachim Kerschbaumer wrote:

>I decided for "Service" (e.g. Wikimedia is providing Webspace...?). Is this
>right, or should I have taken "Quasi-Cash". What is a Donation in this case?

A donation isn't *really* a service, but in this case you can treat it
as one -- making charitable donations with a credit card (and charging
it as a normal charge, not a cash advance) is standard practice, and
many charitable organizations process credit cards directly (you can use
one to join the EFF at eff.org, for example).

-Mark