[Wikipedia-l] paypal

Erik Zachte e.p.zachte at chello.nl
Fri Aug 22 02:20:44 UTC 2003

International Money Orders are pretty expensive, I've done that once or
twice.

How about this: I can add money to my Paypal account for free through a
bank transfer (credit card is only needed for registration). All thas is
needed is the Paypal bank account number and an customer account
specific acces code. I'll copy Paypals explanation below.

This is business as usual for Europeans who as said before are used to
electronic bank transfers.

So maybe we could open a Wikimedia Paypal account in several countries.
Electronic transfer to a US Paypal account would be uneconomical due to
high bank fees.

Erik Zachte

To add funds to your PayPal account, you will need to go to your bank to
complete a bank transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account
using the information provided below. Be sure to include your Bank
Transfer ID, which is used to direct the funds into your PayPal account.

Transfer funds to the following account:

Name on Account:  PayPal Inc
PayPal's Account Number:  266566472
Bank:  Bank of America, N.A.
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Important Note: In addition to the information above, be sure to also
include Your Bank Transfer ID on your bank transfer form.

(a 13 char alphanum code is shown here)

On your bank transfer form, specify the amount you would like to
transfer to your PayPal account. Your transfer must be a minimum of 1
Euro.

Your deposit must be in Euros. If your deposit is not in Euros, the bank
will convert the funds to Euros prior to transferring the funds to
PayPal. If you have a Euro balance, your funds will be added to that
balance. Otherwise, your funds will be converted to the currency of your
primary balance. To calculate converted currency amounts, use the
Currency Converter.

It typically takes 3-4 business days after you initiate the transfer for
the funds to appear in your PayPal account. After your funds have been
successfully transferred to your PayPal account, your Sending Limit will
be increased by the amount of the transfer