[Wikipedia-l] Re: maybe time for a document project, sometime in the near future?

Steve Vertigo utilitymuffinresearch at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 06:38:01 UTC 2003

Annotations are a brilliant idea. Would simple links
in a page break the concept of a document?  Text in
view mode doesnt copy the links at all, so it should
be fine.

But more basic than that, however would be that people
who are in the process of digitizing a useable book or
other document can do so in the rough, allowing some
minor and methodical prepwork to be done in the wiki
world.  People with similar copies can collaborate,
like Bittorrent transfers. (not to make any
comparisons ;)

Heck -- it could replace the way Gutenberg does its
work (well... theyve got a 25 year head start, but...
) and replace Gutenberg altogether -- which would mean
that they would be free from the confines of their
current existence and take that cruise theyve been
talking about.

-S-