[Wikipedia-l] academic research on Wikis

Fernanda Viegas fviegas at media.mit.edu
Thu Aug 14 17:41:05 UTC 2003

Hello,

I am a graduate student at the MIT Media Lab and this summer I'm working on a Wiki related project that uses visualization to understand how Wiki pages evolve over time.

Because Wikipedia seems like such an interesting and thriving community, I would like to know whether any of you would be available to chat with me about how the community works and how consensus is achieved?

Also, I would be very appreciative of any pointers you might have to other academic work being done on Wikipedia.

thanks a lot,
Fernanda Viegas

http://web.media.mit.edu/~fviegas/
sociable media group