[Wikipedia-l] Re: Avoid tables -- keep it simple!

Erik Zachte e.p.zachte at chello.nl
Tue Apr 22 02:47:38 UTC 2003

> My major concern is the ease of editing issue. I have nothing
> against good-looking tables and nice designs that make a page
> easy to read, but if it makes the underlying code hard to edit,
> it doesn't suit Wikipedia well.

Obviously many Wikipedians are willing to put in some effort to make a
nice page layout. Html tables make a page more attractive and
information easier to digest.

If Karl finds html table syntax too tedious (it is tedious sometimes), I
suggest he leaves them to others to add/maintain. But restricting their
use is like a person that orders a pizza everyday and objects to other
people  still cooking their own meals.

Erik Zachte