[Wikipedia-l] Re: please support offsite imags

Zoe zoecomnena at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 00:33:13 UTC 2003

"self appointed license policemen?  I hope *all* of us are license policemen, unless we really don't care if the Wikipedia gets shut down.  If you have approval for your information, then include it in the Talk page.  If you don't, it shouldn't be in the Wikipedia at all.  And support for linkage to offsite images has been removed after discussion here on the list.
Zoe
 Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:Chuck Smith wrote:
> Another point that seems to be forgotten is how people
> who are reading Wikipedia offline will be able to see
> the offsite pictures...

Maybe just the same way they submit changes to the article.

If the original problem here was that selfappointed license policemen
are erasing (URLs to) external images, perhaps the problem could be
settled by issuing an instruction that external image URLs should be
enclosed in a [URL external image] bracket, rather than removed.

--
Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
Aronsson Datateknik - http://aronsson.se/