[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia-l digest, Vol 1 #1100 - 6 msgs

Matt M. matt_mcl at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 1 15:45:07 UTC 2003

> Judging from the reply, you certainly do have strong views
> on this subject. Saying that I am "trying to drive away half of
> the contributors to the 'pedia" IS inflammatory.

On this point I agree with Gary. A little while ago I suggested what I felt
was a small and reasonable change. Someone promptly bit my head off without
bothering to tell me what was wrong with my idea. I remain leery of
suggesting any future ideas even though I still don't understand what was so
blasphemous about the idea I suggested. Strange accusations like "Are you
trying to destroy the pedia?" is not the way to foster constructive
discussion about the possibilities of the software or the content.

Matt