[Wikipedia-l] robots and spiders

Chuck Smith msochuck at yahoo.com
Fri May 17 19:26:14 UTC 2002

> Robots can be useful as probably Google contributes
> a lot
> to bringing new visitors  to the site. Being a
> community this surely is
> a usefull thing. An issue worth considering is
> banning robots from
> special pages, Recent Changes, Talk, User, etc. by
> an appropriate META tag.
> IMHO,  robots and spiders should only be allowed to
> go over the articles.
>
> <snip>
>
> regards,
> [[user:WojPob]]

I COMPLETELY disagree with this.  Let the robots crawl
everything.  It's better that someone finds one of our
Talk or User pages and cruises on over to our main
site than to simply find a completely website!

Chuck

=====
Come to my homepage!  Venu al mia hejmpagxo!
http://amuzulo.babil.komputilo.org/
====
Venu al la senpaga, libera enciklopedio
esperanta reta! http://eo.wikipedia.com/