[Wikipedia-l] Main page access

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at ualberta.ca
Wed Mar 20 22:05:44 UTC 2002

At 01:55 PM 3/20/02 -0800, lcrocker at nupedia.com wrote:
>On Talk:Main Page there is a comment about giving modification
>rights on the main page to more people, now that Larry's
>participation is sporadic (and Jimbo's always was).
>It is getting rather out of date, and I'm sure there are a few
>other folks we can trust not to screw it up too badly.

In a related subject, I'm also wondering about the "page titles to be
deleted" listing. When was the last time someone with admin access went
through the ones listed and cleaned out the derserving?

And when is the page link database going to get updated, so that the
Orphans, Pages That Link Here, and Most Wanted pages will again be useful?
Last I saw on the bug report page:
"We introduced new separate tables for the linking information, but they
were only filled with a tiny fraction of the actual links. This is mainly
due to me not telling Jimbo clearly enough what he should do. I've given
him new instructions now and hopefully Jimbo gets around soon to redo the
procedure soon. Apologies for the inconvenience. --Jan Hidders 2002 Feb 27 "

Not meaning to sound demanding, of course, but that particular bit of
housekeeping is starting to get in the way of some of the stuff I've been
doing.

--
"Let there be light." - Last words of Bomb #20, "Dark Star"