[Wikipedia-l] Four letter words...

'Dragon' Dave McKee d.n.mckee at durham.ac.uk
Tue Mar 12 21:08:41 UTC 2002

> > I understand there may be technical difficulties in reducing the minimum,
> > but we should consider it a flaw if we have a four-letter minimum,
> > or even a three-letter or two-letter minimum.

I'd also consider the error message given when searching for short words
a Bad Idea.

  [!! SYNTAX ERROR: the word 'the' is too short, the index requires at
least 4 characters]
   AND "cunctuator"

I think it would be better if words shorter than four letters (or stop
words) were ignored, and a more polite error given if it can't search.

Dragon Dave.