[Wikipedia-l] Everything in the last digest

Ian rsvr4cqdon001 at sneakemail.com
Tue Mar 5 00:38:03 UTC 2002

Much more pratical would be a mirroring system. Bomis could continue to do
the main wikipedia.com where updates would take place and the
authoritative version would reside, and mirrors could automatically
download new versions of pages. There could be more then one tier of
mirrors to lift even more bandwidth and CPU time (which appears to be a
bigger problem) off of Bomis.

The mirrors could wouldn't have to use php-wikipedia, they could just have
static pages (though they could have edit this links, which would take
you to wikipedia.com).

Granted, I don't have the time to put the code where my moulth is.

Ian Monroe
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~eean/