[Wikipedia-l] Advertisements

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sat Mar 2 02:56:15 UTC 2002

tc wrote:
> Speaking of which, I think it would be great if we started thinking
> about mechanisms for distributing the hosting of Wikipedia. Does
> anyone have any thoughts on how a (to some degre) distributed solution
> could work?

I think the hosting of the server should be left to Jimbo to decide.
But what I'd really like to see is something like groove.net, where I
can keep an offline copy on my own computer, edit articles locally,
and sync the changes with the server the next time I'm online.  I'm
not on a modem connection, but I'm moving with my laptop and wireless
LAN between home, workplaces and cafes.  This of course would be a
major software change.  Some two-way synchronization protocol (like
unison) would be needed.

--
  Lars Aronsson
  <lars at aronsson.se>