[Wikipedia-l] Complete breakdown of wikipedia?

D Fisher fisherd at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 29 17:19:27 UTC 2002

For the first month or so that I was involved with wikipedia, I found it great fun and very rewarding.  Then the response problems started, and the enjoyment I get from it has gradually waned until I am now wondering why I even bother to try and log on.  Today, for example, I have attempted to access wikipedia at regular intervals and have never managed to get further than "Recent Changes".  Yesterday was the same.

I realise that the software is maintained on a voluntary basis.  However, if we can't do any better than this, I think we may as well throw in the towel.  What is the point of an encyclopedia that no one is able to read?

Deb