[Wikipedia-l] Re: meta upload

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 16 00:22:02 UTC 2002

http://meta.wikipedia.com/wiki.phtml?title=special:Upload

Yikes! I just checked some of the newer meta uploads and came across some
rather humorous, yet totally inappropriate and copyright infringing, toon
porn along with other rubbish. For some reason I can't log-in to the meta so
I don't know if I have sysop powers there (I probably don't). Can somebody
who does have such powers delete this stuff?

It also might be a good idea to grant sysop's the ability to do their thing
over at the meta too -- just to prevent this sort of thing from getting out
of control (there would be little reason to delete or move many, if any,
pages pages there, but being able to delete inappropriate uploads would be
nice).

BTW, is it really necessary to have two upload utilities in the first place?
Both upload pages have instructions in English and do the same thing.
Shouldn't we have one central upload utility for the whole project with maybe
a couple of other ones for each of the most active non-English wikipedias
that have syops of their own?

maveric149