[Wikipedia-l] Re: The case against "invariant sections"

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Sat Jun 15 20:01:48 UTC 2002

I don't know if anyone will disagree with you now, Axel.  I have
absolutely no opinion about this anymore, except to say that it would be
nice if people credited Wikipedia as an original source if it was an
original source (somehow, in many but probably not all cases).  Even last
October I thought it was quite clear that we'd given up on having that
specifically-formatted invariant section.  I didn't change the format
(which I borrowed from DMOZ, of course) simply because I was going to let
Jimbo do it, and he just never got around to it.  He, probably, promptly
forgot about it if he ever knew that this was being expected of him.  :-)
So the issue is wide open, as far as I know.

Larry