[Wikipedia-l] a small mystery...

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Sat Jun 15 09:09:49 UTC 2002

Bryan Derksen wrote:

> At 06:21 PM 6/15/02 +1000, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> >I was going to use my shiny new sysop power to remove an elderly empty
> >camelcase user todo page that's obviously obsolete. So I clicked on the
> >'delete' button in the menu and it said 'are you really sure' and I
> >clicked on 'yes I want to continue' and then I got a file 404 error and
> >the page is still there... is that because I am not actually approved to
> >delete pages? (fair enough if so) Or is there some kind of buggy thing
> >creeping in that you should know about? Or did I do something wrong?
> >
> >The page I was going to get rid of is one that's been cluttering up the
> >orphans list for the last two months so it's hardly vital to continuing
> >operations!
> >http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/WojPob/ToDoList
> >
> >Karen Johnson, slightly puzzled
>
> I run into this problem a lot. There's a bug in the current code; when you
> click on the confirmation link and get the 404, you have to manually edit
> the resulting URL to change the URL-encoded "%2F" into a "/". For some
> reason, URL-encoding the slash in the article name screws up Wikipedia's
> delete function.
>
> Hopefully, this will be fixed soon. :)

Ah, ok... so when I get the 404 error I have to go up to the url in the
window and change the %2F to a / and hit return and then it will be able
to continue? Just trying to work this out...

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

You can take the dragon out of Alfandra, but you can never take Alfandra
out of the dragon (or the Kitty)...

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: