[Wikipedia-l] Image uploads (new codebase)

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at ualberta.ca
Mon Jun 3 20:17:04 UTC 2002

At 10:32 AM 6/03/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I've added a database table which contains for each image its name,
>size, the time it was uploaded, and by whom.  So we'll be able to get
>a listing of images sorted by name to make maintenance possible.

Will there be any sort of "history" function, or even just a "recycle bin"
directory, so that when old files get overwritten with new ones it can be
reverted if necessary? With the current implementation, it's very easy for
any random yahoo to irrecoverably wipe out lots of images by overwriting
them with junk.

>Any other issues I haven't thought of?

How about talk: pages for individual images? They could be used for
discussing copyright issues, for discussing details of diagrams that might
need to be changed, etc.

Basically, I think it would be neat if images were treated more like articles.

--
"Let there be light." - Last words of Bomb #20, "Dark Star"