[Wikipedia-l] New codebase status- Now, Editors?

rose.parks at att.net rose.parks at att.net
Sun Jun 2 18:50:04 UTC 2002

Members-

     I couldn't agree more. The title "editor" implies a
totally different job function to me. Yes, editors deal
with content, but they usually review, alter, and/or
approve content. As was already said, in this sense, all
Wikipedians are editors.
     Another issue is whether we want to identify
members' functions, at all, on the user page. There are
many other ways to identify developers and sysops on
Wikipedia and they should be considered too. There could
be a sysops page and a developers page with a list of
such people.
     Frankly, I like the site as it is. Developes are
identified by going to Source Forge, usually, and if a
developer has not been included on this site, I think
they can simply ask. Sysops know who they are by the
sidebar on their view of the Wikipedia pages.
     Maybe someone in favor of ths system can explain
the advantages to me.

           As Ever,

             Ruth Ifcher