[Wikipedia-l] Re: Parsing

Steve Callaway sjc at easynet.co.uk
Tue Jul 30 11:23:39 UTC 2002

It occurs to me that there is going to be an awful lot of reworking if we
ever do go to an XML format Wikipedia (and this definitely needs discussion
at some point soon). I would have said that HTML is a more generally
accepted standard and that Wiki formatting is a highly localised phenomenon.
You can do a lot more with HTML format than you ever can with Wiki
formatting.