[Wikipedia-l] Auto-save in your browser editor

wojtek pobratyn wojtek.pobratyn at gmx.net
Wed Jul 24 11:42:22 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lars Aronsson" <lars at aronsson.se>
To: <wikipedia-l at nupedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 11:03 AM
Subject: [Wikipedia-l] Auto-save in your browser editor

| I'm using my normal web browser to edit Wikipedia articles, and
| it wasn't really designed to be an editor.  Several times I have
| lost my work because either the browser crashed or the website
| wasn't responding when I was done and wanted to save my article.
| Real text editors or word processors have an auto-save function
| that allows me to recover and continue work after a crash, so
| why shouldn't a web browser?  Of course I could write my article
| in a real text editor, and submit it using cut-n-paste to the
| browser, but I'm too lazy to switch back and forth.

Yes I know what you mean. I hate when this happens.
Unfortunately I've got no idea how to get around this except
cut-n-paste from a text editor. What we would need (I'm not
a programmer so excuse any of my mistakes here) is something
like the Blogger API for the 'pedia and a simple stand-alone
piece of software that could retrieve and post articles.

<snip>

regards
WojPob

<wojtek[at]seti23[dot]org>