[Wikipedia-l] Re: New server online?

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Mon Jul 22 18:33:18 UTC 2002

> To answer my own question: yes! http://old.wikipedia.com/ (but
> you have to put the "old" in after every click; it's still
> configured to provide every link with the "www" in the URL. Lee,
> can you change that?)

No, but Jimbo can.  Jimbo, could you (a) set up DNS so that
"old.wikipedia.com" points to ross, and (b) change the
wikiLocalSettings.php file in the old system to put "old." into
the internal links?

The fact that "wikipedia.com" still points to ross is a problem
for some people as well I understand, but I'm reluctant to ask
you to change that specifically, since that will affect many
other things