[Wikipedia-l] Location of PHP software, contributions

Axel Boldt axel at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Jan 31 20:20:04 UTC 2002

Hello,

if one (hypothetically :-) wanted to help in finding bugs, should one
start with the version of the software on sourceforge, in CVS, or is
there a newer version? Also, if one (hypothetically) would fix a
bug, should one just submit it to CVS or send it directly to
Magnus/Jimbo?

On another note: somebody wrote a suggestion on the website that the
slow response might be caused by one of the special features that have
been added. Maybe that could be tested, by running the site for a
while without watchlists, orphans, most wanted, page counters etc.
When we had response problems with the old perl script, I remember it
was due to too many RecentChanges accesses.

Axel