[Wikipedia-l] No-subpage policy makes editing [[Middle Earth]] difficult

Uri Yanover uriyan_subscribe at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 19:59:26 UTC 2002

> We had a rather lengthy discussion about the subpages, which ended in
Larry
> deciding to get rid of them.
Note however, that Larry himself had stated that self-contained universes
are
the only subject where subpaging _does_ make sense to him. See
http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki.phtml?title=Faramir

> I don't suppose he would be happy with subpages eturning from the grave,
> even if they are marked with "#" instead of "/".
I don't propose # instead of "/", I'm proposing a limited add-prefix
function
(which could repair some of the disadvantages of the lack of subpages).

> And if I'd implement such a thing, he would be quite annoyed with me (I
> picture the horseman from "Sleepy Hollow";)
Well, don't lose your head over the subject :-)

> I guess we'll have to get used to the copy&paste keyboard shortcuts...
That isn't the solution I'd like to see. Personally I'd favor some sort of
an additional addressing mode. Anyway, Wikipedia as a means of
communications should somehow express the concept that Middle
Earth is an enclosed universe of its own (and make editing easier as
an added value).

Sincerely yours,
                    Uri Yanover