[Wikipedia-l] Re: wikipedia text format

sgilbert at nbnet.nb.ca sgilbert at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Jan 28 00:05:38 UTC 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, David Merrill <david at lupercalia.net> wrote:

> I have a couple of general wiki questions, and thought I would ask here
> since several of you have pretty good wiki experience.

Actually, I would suggest asking asking at MeatBallWiki
(http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl), perhaps on the
WikiSyntax page (http://www.usemod.com/cgi-
bin/mb.pl?WikiSyntax). There's tons of wiki *design* experience
over there. From the look of things, however, I don't think there is a
common text format for all wikis.

> btw, I will have a demo of some Wikipedia articles on my LDP mirror
> soon, and after that passes LDP staff inspection, it will go live on
> the LDP site! Woo Hoo! That should get Wikipedia some good publicity,
> and it will sure help the LDP as well. Thanks again to all of you for
> your wonderful spirit of cooperation.

No sir, thank you! As a rank-and-file Wikipedian, I'm absolutely
delighted at the cooperation between our two projects, and I'm
hoping that many other people use Wikipedia in various creative
ways. I'm looking forward to the day that our encyclopedia is a
standard inclusion for Linux distributions.

- Stephen Gilbert (STG)