[Wikipedia-l] wikipedia text format

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Sun Jan 27 20:44:35 UTC 2002

I have a couple of general wiki questions, and thought I would ask here
since several of you have pretty good wiki experience.

How standard is the wikipedia text format?

Is there a standard name for that type of format? I am calling it
WikiText, but I'd rather use the usual term, if there is one. My
conversion utility is called txt2db, but I realized that is a bad
name. It's not for any text file, but for a specific format. So I want
toknow how I should properly refer to it.

btw, I will have a demo of some Wikipedia articles on my LDP mirror
soon, and after that passes LDP staff inspection, it will go live on
the LDP site! Woo Hoo! That should get Wikipedia some good publicity,
and it will sure help the LDP as well. Thanks again to all of you for
your wonderful spirit of cooperation.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

Microsoft does not like negative or even objective press coverage and they
have a tendency to be a bully about it. If something appears that they
don't like, they have the ability to punish the publication.
	--Knight-Ridder New Media President Bob Ingle