[Wikipedia-l] tarball

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Sat Jan 26 00:50:46 UTC 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 10:24:49AM -0800, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> David, that's great news!
>
> Actually, Wikipedia did 14,780,010 pageviews in December, and is on track
> to break 17 million this month. :-)
>
> > I do have a problem though, that you can help me with if you will.
> > It seems the tarball is not being updated regularly.
>
> In my opinion, the tarball is updated nightly, and has been for a few
> weeks.  I just looked, and it looks good!  Have you checked it lately?

Checked it last night. I thought it was outdated because there is no
Andrew_S._Tanenbaum.kp file. Perhaps I misunderstand the file
structure? Which subdir is the official, latest-and-greatest? Feel
free to tell me to rtfm if you also give me the location of the fm.

:-)

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

Asked how small software companies could compete on products that Microsoft
wants to fold into Windows, [Microsoft COO Bob] Herbold told Bloomberg News
they could either fight a losing battle, sell out to Microsoft or a larger
company or 'not go into business to begin with.'
	--Newsweek, March 1998