[Wikipedia-l] wiki source cvs

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Wed Jan 16 01:56:05 UTC 2002

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 01:58:36PM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
> The LDP is talking about whether to set up our own Wiki project for
> working on HOWTOs. There seems to be quite a bit of interest. I don't
> know what will come of it yet. I asked whether they're interested in
> using Wikipedia, but I suspect we need real-time updates and stuff
> like that, so it wouldn't work very well. Let me know how you feel
> about this though. We're still discussing it ourselves.

We have decided not to use *any* wiki software. However, I am still
basing my text format on the Wikipedia format. So if at any time you
want a utility to convert that into DocBook, it's in the LDP cvs all
ready and waiting for you. :-)

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net

My father, the Padishah Emperor, took me by the hand one day and I sensed
in the ways my mother had taught me that he was disturbed. He led me down
the Hall of Portraits to the ego-likeness of the Duke Leto Atreides. I
marked the strong resemblence between them -- my father and this man in
the portrait -- both with thin, elegant faces and sharp features dominated
by cold eyes. "Princess-daughter," my father said, "I would that you'd
been older when it came time for this man to choose a woman." My father
was 71 at the time and looking no older than the man in the portrait, and
I was but 14, yet I remember deducing in that instant that my father
secretly wished the Duke had been his son, and disliked the political
necessities that made them enemies.
		-- "In My Father's House" by the Princess Irulan