[Wikipedia-l] Wikification function proposal

Michel Clasquin clasqm at mweb.co.za
Wed Feb 27 22:34:38 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 27 February 2002 23:30, Magnus Manske wrote:

> A topic that was briefly discussed several times on this list in the
> past is the automated "wikification" of pages. I think it is time to
> work on that, is there is a need.

<snip>

> Thoughts? Comments? Threats? ;)

Yeah. If you don't implement this by tomorrow I'm coming to get you!

Apart from tables, the only html code I have consistently found
My vote is for a "Wikfy and preview" button.

I thought #5 was being done already? #7 through 9 would need to be thought
about carefully. For instance, "Joe Bloggs died in [[1978]] at the ripe
old age of 92"  should not become "Joe Bloggs died in [[1978]] at the ripe
old age of [[92]]".  A newbie might just OK the change.

--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
clasqm at mweb.co.za/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

... Linux users and the women who chase them - next Oprah!