[Wikipedia-l] Allowing HTML for ruby text?

Jan Hidders hidders at uia.ua.ac.be
Wed Feb 27 10:51:55 UTC 2002

From: "Brion L. VIBBER" <brion at pobox.com>

> Someone wrote in [[wikipedia:Bug reports]] today about the ruby tags
> reinstated.

Well you probably know that my position is that allowing HTML tags was one
of the biggest mistakes ever made in the history of Wikipedia software. But
they are here now and we can't make them go away, so we have to deal with
them anyway. These tags look very useful to me, so I agree with allowing
them.

As a technical remark I would like to see a central array or something that
records what tags are allowed (and perhaps even how they might be nested and
what attributes they may have). For instance, in presenting the search
results I have to deal with HTML tags that might be present, and it would be
pleasant if this would automatically adapt if new tags are allowed.

-- Jan Hidders