[Wikipedia-l] Colors

Brion L. VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Tue Feb 26 03:33:42 UTC 2002

On lun, 2002-02-25 at 19:16, Vicki Rosenzweig wrote:
> At 07:11 PM 2/25/02 -0800, Julie wrote:
> >Please make the colors go away!!!
>
> Or at least make them lighter--the green on feature requests is fine on my
> monitor
> (Hitachi CM715; Netscape 6), but the gray on "recent changes" is dark enough to
> make reading harder.

Agreed, they're icky. Magnus, would you be terribly upset if we
redecorate your colors with something a bit lighter? Say:

$wikiNamespaceBackground[$wikiTalk] = "#eeFFFF" ;
$wikiNamespaceBackground[$wikiWikipedia] = "#eeFFee" ;
$wikiNamespaceBackground[$wikiUser] = "#FFeeee" ;
$wikiNamespaceBackground["log"] = "#FFFFcc" ;
$wikiNamespaceBackground["special"] = "#eeeeee" ;

These are much less eye-searing to me.

(Also, I'd prefer to see these set in wikiSettings, not wikiTextEn. In
particular, they should be overrideable in wikiLocalSettings, which
currently is not possible for anything set up in wikiTextEn.
Objections?)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)