[Wikipedia-l] subpages

Jan Hidders hidders at uia.ua.ac.be
Mon Feb 25 23:18:38 UTC 2002

From: <kband at www.llamacom.com>

> Why should I have to do that if it can be automated?
>
> Putting in many days of work into making the most popular entries on
> the site (pat pat) is ridiculous. Having automatic functionality
> making that work easier isn't.

You are right, and ridiculous is certainly not a word that I would have
used. But the thing is that by making such things easier we also stimulate
the creation of subpages which, as Larry will explain to you if his wife
lets him, :-), is something that we'd rather not have in Wikipedia. Maybe
you don't agree with that, but then you should try to convince Larry and the
rest of the Wikipedia-gang that subpages are a good thing. That won't be
easy.

-- Jan Hidders