[Wikipedia-l] colons

Jan Hidders hidders at uia.ua.ac.be
Mon Feb 25 20:56:18 UTC 2002

From: <kband at www.llamacom.com>

> Yup, there are good counterarguments. The central one is that because
> the main wikipedia holds the vast majority of information on the site,
> most links are into the main site, no matter what section the page is
> in.

Yes, so?

> Note also that if the change were turned on, all current links would
> need to be automagically changed.

No, it wouldn't. I've explained this a couple of postings ago. Because we
would turn the switch that redirects links in a namespace that have no
specified namespace to the same namspace. We only need to change the page
titles and that can be done with a single SQL statement.

> But this should be lower priority than fixing the many, many bugs the
> current software has.

We are working on that. Any bug you would like to go first?

-- Jan Hidders